Monday, January 01, 2007

2007!!!!!!


As I pause briefly to consider a new year...

I am so thankful for all the blessings of 2006. Many may say I deserve to look forward to a new year, a new day, a new start in 2007. That is all true. But look what 2006 brought me and my family:

January 1 - Brought the new year in with style at Disney World! Witnessed the best fireworks EVER, and shut the park down at 3 AM. What a memorable experience for Ian, Megan, and myself! Then, driving from Orlando to Heath in one looooonnnnnngggg day of driving. That was an experience!

March - I started blogging with a little help from my kind friend, Bill!!! Thanks for introducing me! Check out his blog, www.livefrompleasantchapeli.blogspot.com (there's your plug, Bill!)
March - spring break with the kids - a spontaneous trip with friends to Washington, DC! What better way to visit a place than with people that lived there (and has been a friend since kindergarten!) Thanks Steph!!!

May - Well, since I am still blogging about it...(oh boy, here is a New Year's Resolution - to FINISH blogging about Europe!!!) 2 1/2 weeks in Europe with my great friend Jen. A trip of a lifetime!!! Thanks Jen and thanks Mom for keeping my kids so I could have this opportunity!

June - my nephew, Aaron, graduated from high school!!!

July - My final days with Longaberger after 8 years. The start of something new! And, I got to have dinner with friends from high school I hadn't seen for 15+ years. Kristen, Sydney, Jon and Teresa, Steph and Jen. A fun evening at Easton!

August - A trip to Cedar Point with my kids and their friends, and an overnight stay at an indoor water park! What fun!

September, October, November, December - the many blessings of friends, small group, church family, and countless others, here to support me, and praying relentlessly. I am so very thankful and I don't even know how to express my deep gratitude for teaching me I don't have to go it alone.

And here we are! The start of something new. No matter the path, I have learned a lot this year and realized the many, many blessings that 2007 can bring. Not to mention, a few small resolutions, that may include (but not limited to) finishing European blogging, 10 lbs somewhere, and practicing my Mexican dialect, just for fun. :)

Here's to 2007!!!! (Odd-numbered years are always better...:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture!(Where was it taken?) Gratitude...you ooze with gratitude...I need to be more gratuitous! Wonderful to have you as a friend and fellow blogger. Thanks for driving even more people to my site. I can hear that ol sitemeter chinking up the visits now!
With continued prayers for a fruitfull new year.
B & P

Tue Jan 02, 06:01:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home