Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Hilton Diagonal Del Mar, Barcelona, Spain

The view of the Meditteranean...

The coolest bathroom I have ever seen!


European
taste!
By now, we have experienced lodging of every kind - hostels, spare bedrooms, planes, trains, and buses..

I held a quiet anticipation inside of me. You see, thanks to my grand travels and hours spent away from my family, I had accumulated massive amounts of Hilton Honors points. Points that could have been spent, but instead, had been saved. Until now. Yes, I had booked a hotel in Barcelona, with my Hilton Honors points.

This could be a great thing...or a not so great thing. The only other time I had used my points was a bad experience.

When we came around the corner, suitcases in tow, a soft breeze from the Mediterranean, blue sky...what a site the Hilton Diagonal del Mar was.

What you may or may not know about me is that I am an absolute sucker for a nice hotel.

What happened next was just a blessing from above, there is no other explanation. We walked into the grand, open lobby. I waltzed up to the desk and spoke to the desk reception nice man in very fluent Spanish. Presented all my cards and criteria. He was very gracious and accommodating, and seemed genuinely thrilled to have us! He presented me with keys and proceeded to inform me that he was able to upgrade me to the executive level...

My heart began beating faster! Not only a view of the Meditteranean Sea...but a cocktail reception and free breakfast!!! Ah, my heart!! The stuff that dreams are made of!!!!!

The very site of our room just put us in pampered mode. Such contemporary furnishings to my very liking- loving!!! THIS was the life. I'll just let you enjoy the pictures...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Just a fortaste of what you'll experience when you join us in the Smokies!

Tue Oct 24, 08:36:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

these are great pics...I love the view out the window. I need a vacation!

Thu Oct 26, 09:18:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

Spain....Smokies....Aren't we the travelers! If you think our previous posts were pretty...wait till you see the ones tomorrow!
Keep in touch.

Sun Oct 29, 10:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home