Sunday, July 02, 2006

There is no better way...

...to describe me and my life!!!!

This was a sign outside of Stanstead Airport in (well, way outside of!) London. Jenny and I just laughed and laughed because we are both similar in this sense, and felt this sign was made just for us!

So, out of breath and with sore muscles, we arrived at the bus station in time to board the bus to Stanstead airport. Apparently, jet lag and no sleep + a long bus ride = more drool and sleep on a public bus!

I couldn't get over how quiet it was on the bus. It matched my mood though, and the intermittent rain was the perfect companion. If people talked on their cell phones, it was hushed and muted and there just wasn't "loudness" on the bus. Jenny and I just slept and slept. The kind of sleep where you just can't wake up and your head rolls all around.

We did awake to a commotion, though, and a backroad that was not highway. I still couldn't tell you what happened, but a normally 2 hour bus ride took over 3 to get to the airport and we were on a country road for quite some time. People were upset and complaining to the bus driver. By the time we pulled in, people were running off the bus to get to their plane on time! For once it wasn't us, and we paused to take this picture before heading inside.

Inside, we freshened up a bit (okay, I did NOT buy the toothbrush you could chew!) and got our first of many boarding passes. Security was basically the same though I did not need to remove my shoes. We did wait a little too long, so no shopping at duty free. :)

Next stop, Krakow, Poland!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

The adventure continues!

Sun Jul 02, 11:34:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home