Friday, June 23, 2006

Justyn



Justyn Regini. You have heard me mention that he picked us up at the airport in Bristol and that he laughs at my Americanisms. Justyn is a lecturer at the University of Cardiff (a Ph. D), in structural biophysics. This is where Jenny is doing her research for the Fullbright Scholarship.

He decided long ago to become Jenny's friend. Like she is doing, he spent time out of the country to enhance his research and try something new, incidentally at the University of Virgina. He didn't seem to particularly enjoy his short USA stay, and so is doing everything he can to help make my friend feel at home.

We really appreciated his driving us around, and helping us experience areas of England through a native's perspective. Although appearing quite serious, he is a fun fellow who is full of historical bits of knowledge. He is also a bit sentimental and was sharing with me that this was a place he used to come as a lad and enjoyed the waterhole.

After this day I wasn't sure I would be seeing Justyn again. I guess you will have to read on to find out if that is true or not.

Thanks to Justyn for helping me experience England, participating in the Late Game (still to come!) and for taking care of my good friend, Jenny!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Sooooo......You've piqued my interest about this Justyu dude! I'll be anxiously awaiting further posts.

Sat Jun 24, 10:35:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home