Monday, June 26, 2006

And onto Cardiff By the Sea...





This entry is titled as such in honor of Ian..."Cardiff by the Sea" was one of the first songs he learned to play this past year on his trombone, and he would think of Jenny each time!

Here was the first castle sighting, just outside of Cardiff. By then my eyes were actually closing on their own, but stayed open to snap a few more shots!

We drove by the Aston Martin dealership, here you have the fiery red version!

Finally we pulled into Jenny's neighborhood. Justyn helped us carry our bags upstairs and I tried to become very small in her tiny apartment. And I was very cold. It probably wasn't very cold temperature-wise, but sometimes when you travel your body tries hard to adjust quickly - and when it's jet-lagged it doesn't always do the best job. I threw on the one sweater I brought and tried to get organized.

We took a quick run down to the local grocery and grabbed some simplicities for dinner, along with some snacks for our pending early morning journey to the bus station. I stayed up to repack - I was only going to be able to take a carry-on size suitcase for the rest of the trip - so I laid it all out on her floor and used my best judgement what should stay and what should go. I was going to wait until morning since I was soooo tired...all I can tell you is that old adage - NEVER put off tomorrow what you can do today! I finally closed my eyes at 1 am after being mostly satisfied with my smaller suitcase, packed and ready.

And that completes my first day abroad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Totally enjoy the trip vicariously with you! It is amazing how much this Abby and this castle look like VERY SIMILIAR sights that we visited. These "medieval remenants" seem to proliferate
the countryside!

Tue Jun 27, 09:14:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Megan Hofacker said...

I LOVE THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES ESPECIALLY OF THE CASTLES AND CATHEDRALS. MY DREAM HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO VISIT THERE SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF SEEING THE BUILDINGS. NOW I HAVE AN IDEA OF WHERE TO VISIT.
THANKS
MEGAN (WILLY'S DAUGHTER)

Tue Jun 27, 08:54:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home