Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Late Game and London

Ahhhh...*YAWN*...sleepy..."Jen?...Jen? lsudoliwuoie lokjlsi osiolieruowieur oijolsiejflkjl". I thought for sure I was dreaming in another language. But, wait, I wasn't dreaming at all, I was too tired...too tired..."Jen!" Jenny is waking me suddenly. Where am I? Why is she talking so fast? You WHAT????? DIDN'T HEAR THE ALARM????

The plan was to leave the apartment at 5:45 AM to catch the 6:00 AM bus to London. This would give me my first glimpse of London before having to catch our plane to Poland that same day.

Well, Jenny woke up at 5:30 AM instead of 4:30...she had stayed up even later than I to finish some work prior to leaving. We had 15 minutes for the two of us to finish packing, look presentable, and arrive at the bus station in time to board! She showered and miraculously so did I, threw the rest of my things in a bag and off we went. I do not know how we ever made it, thankfully Justyn was waiting downstairs for us so we hopped in the car...if I remember correctly...at about 5:53 AM, wet hair and all. I can't remember ever being that tired before.

And so continued The Late Game...

I received my first glance of the town of Cardiff. It went whizzing past and I didn't even know where my camera was at that point! Somehow we arrived at the bus station and thankfully, there was a passenger that had lost their receipt, so we boarded the bus, out of breath and just happy to be there, at 6:02.

I vaguely remember the bus driver getting a wee bit upset about something, but I couldn't understand him! Jenny said his accent was Welsh and that was why I couldn't catch onto it well.

After sleeping the entire bus trip (new experience!), when I woke up, my tired eyes rested on the new landscape of a different place. London, indeed! I shook off the sleep and started trying to absorb it all. The different bricks. The lower skyline. The traffic of the big city. The rain - start, stop, start, stop.

We had a couple of hours to kill until the bus left for Stanstead airport. So, Jenny whisked me off to see some sights in London. Any idea what is peeking in the background of my first picture in London? (Hint: Might have something to do with the Late Game!...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

OK....OK...since no one has taken a shot at it...I'm going to say it is ol' BIG BEN lurking in the background. Right??

Thu Jun 29, 11:00:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Alright Willy!!!!
You get the prize!

Fri Jun 30, 10:37:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home