Saturday, July 01, 2006

2 1/2 hours in London

As I mentioned, we had about 2 hours to kill in London while waiting to take a bus to the airport that same afternoon. I found out very quickly that London was not going to be affordable for me. The pound currency was at about $1.80 exchange for me. What I couldn't get over were the prices of things - Seeing the price 1.99 really meant $3.80! Also, there was no place to store our luggage, so we had to drag them through town with us. A very tired pair of girls with suitcases and dodging raindrops...
We did meet 2 gentlemen from Italy, who took our picture for us and passed along their card. One was a veterinarian (well, his card said so!) and the other...well, I would call him an artist of some kind!
Of course, the Late Game continued as we had to run back to the bus station with suitcases in tow - this was my first realization that my friend Jenny really did run the Boston marathon - and I, sadly did not!
Some important London dignitaries on the street. Jenny said so!

One of my favorites! A real London taxi, and real businessman on his cell phone, with the National Express bus in the background!

The top of Parliament and the English flag


Though I didn't go inside, here is some information on Westminster Abbey!

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben in full view!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home