Saturday, September 16, 2006

Our visit to the Tatra Mountains!

Let me paint the picture...here are Jenny and I, not sure what is next. Bartosz races around corners in this small mountain town and suddenly he slows and parks in front of a bus on a small side street. Now, remember that he can talk all day on his cell phone and we can't even pick up a word. For a fleeting moment, I really wondered what he was up to and if I would have to bungee jump or worse! Like take a 3-hour tour!

Suddenly he is talking to an older man, after he tells us to stay put in the car. What is going on??

We are asked to come inside this quaint older home with the bus parked out front. The older man is Bartosz father! He lives up here in the mountains with his daughter! What fun!! They didn't really speak English. I love challenges like that!

We put our stuff down and smelled something wonderful in the kitchen. His sister had prepared a lovely luncheon for us, home-made and from scratch! Though I didn't take a picture, I do believe at some point, it involved polska kielbasa!

After eating, Bartosz put us back in the car and drove a little ways to a little tourist area, which included a cable car to the top of the Tatra Mountains! We were here and we were so thankful to have another day with our kind host! WOW!!


The welcoming entryway of Bartosz' father's home.

When I was an exchange student, I used to annoy everyone because I would take pictures of the meals and gatherings. Those are such special moments to capture. This one was no exception! The home-made soup, and the company, were spectacular in this little mountain town!

What other way to get up a mountain than by cable car? I'll admit I was a bit shaky about it but it was a beautiful ride! Bartosz continued to be full of surprises!
Doesn't this look photo-shopped? No, that is the true beauty of the Tatra mountains. And we were standing in the middle of it! It was pretty cold in contrast to Krakow, note the snow!

I love this photo of my friend Jen!!! Taking in the Tatra mountains. All God's beauty and creation!

Jenny climbed on this pinnacle post and it was just the coolest thing! After I tried on my own, I was even more impressed!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Wow....I love the mountains! What a view! I just told Pat that I want to ride a gondola car to the top of the mountain in Gatlinburg in October.
Love the home of Bartoz's father. So much relationship building occurs around the food table thus accounting for my belly size!

Sat Sep 16, 10:58:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home