Friday, August 31, 2007

Inspiration


The other morning, I woke up at about 5:00 am. I have been recently trying my best to become a jogger, without too much success, and 5:00 am is the only time in my day I stand a chance at fitting it in.
I had read about a lunar eclipse that was beginning at 4:51 am. Not so long ago, I would have scoffed at the thought of rising so early in the morning!
But, to my surprise, there was something about this event that caused me to get up out of bed eagerly, put my tennies on and head out for my jog.

As I began my warm up walk, the moon was clearly in an early state of an eclipse. I started jogging, and my focus remained on this spectacular event. By the time I had finished at 5:45, it had almost completed it's eclipse and was on the wane. I was able to share this with my groggy 12-year-old, and though he was half asleep, he thought it was "cool".

This was an inspirational event for me - not only the beauty of it, but also the fact that I had jogged the entire time I was outside!! Almost 2 miles straight! And I have been able to do it every day since.

I am on a mission! The moon told a story from start to finish - being invaded, shadowed, and finally engulfed by what seemed a dark moment. But then...it became whole again, bright and full and able to light the way for someone else...

I will remember this eclipse and know that it was and can be a turning point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home