Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pics from OBX!

My sisters (Maria and Susan) and Megan - having a great time! This was from the top of a lookout being built at another house. Hi, that's me when I don't do my hair. :)

It is totally a buyer's market here at the beach. Beachfront property is down to about $750k (um, the LAND, that is!). The houses run in the millions, but still a deal right now by comparison!

We are staying in Rodanthe, which is on Hatteras Island (our second visit to this area, fourth visit to the Outer Banks). Not only hit by a hurricane in 2003, but also made famous with the book by Nicholas Sparks "Nights in Rodanthe". There is an ocean side with dunes (where we are), and the sound side which is much calmer.



Ian and Megan, hanging out at the pool. The rough life, indeed!

So, here is our house. Just built in June. It's different from the ones we have had in the past, in terms of layout and attention to detail, with it being new (there are more things wrong with it!). Still, we are just a few steps to the beach and have a great view. Our other houses in the past have been larger, but we have had more people. We only have 18 on this trip. :)


The Rodanthe Pier, literally where our street ends.



Bright and early fishermen. I got up very early for a stroll on the slight chance I might find my sunglasses,which were swept away the day before by a wave overtaking me. Man, I loved those sunglasses!




My darling daughter, Megan! Rodanthe beach.


I can't think of anything more fun than digging my way to China in the sand. The hole got larger and larger. Many stopped to stare, and some stopped to play! Here is Megan with her cousin, Cassie, and a friend that is with us, Cameron.


Just an early morning view of what I saw...
The view of our neighborhood...behind the house on the far left end is the Sound.


This is our pool. A bit plain, having just been built, but a pool and hot-tub just the same!




1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Wow it was great this morning to get up, get my coffee, check your blog and be wisked off to the beach! Ocean, pool, hot tub, cousins, sisters and AWAY....What's not to like. Thanks for taking the time to share the good times with us....THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY!

Thu Aug 16, 06:16:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home