Friday, March 30, 2007

Austin update!

Welllll....what I was TRYING to say before, was about my trip to Austin!

However, I was rudely cut off mid-blog and lost everything I had written.

Here I am to explain the pictures below!

First, I am staying at my sister Cathy's house in Austin. Her and her husband Greg have a nice 3 bedroom home about 15 minutes from downtown and very near the airport. Cathy is a postal carrier and Greg is a biologist for the Texas Parks and Recreation deparment.

Since "everything is big in Texas", I was illustrating that with the truck that I was driving the first day I was here - Greg's Ford F150. Quite a depart from my Honda Accord, but nonetheless made me feel like a "Road Ranger"...until I got lost and couldn't find anywhere to turn the big machine around!

Additionally, Greg brings his talents to his backyard. They have land behind them that is open and will not be built upon, so he spends all of his spare time cultivating various wildlife attractions through wild plants and landscapes. They like to do bird-watching and have several feeders and houses. This is curious, since they own 3 cats.

That is another story. My sister has had cats ever since I have known her living on her own. When she moved from Cincinnati to Austin, she took them with her. Last year, tragically, she lost 4 out of her 5 cats in various accidents involving owls, wildlife, and an illness. She recently acquired 2 new kitties. The ones pictured below are 1 of the original 5 - Taz (multi-dark colored). The little one is Boo. His sister Scout hides in the house all day long and only comes out when I am not around!

The trip here has been very fruitful and I hope and pray that the results are favorable. To God be all the praise and glory, and His will be done!

Stay tuned for more pics of Austin.
PS - any hope of getting a tan are OUT. I am sitting watching the rain fall for the 2nd day in a row! Boo-hoo....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I know another cute Ford F 150 driver!

Wed Apr 04, 07:17:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home