Monday, April 17, 2006

East...over?



It's hard to believe it's Monday all over again (okay, now it's Tuesday...I fell asleep before finishing this post). And the end of one, at that. What started out as a rotten rainy Monday, ended with the beautiful blue sky and a crisp spring evening.

Easter weekend was a busy, full weekend. Softball and baseball practices, errands and chores...dinners with friends.

I was touched by the kindness of those in my life, since the weekend turned into one filled with friends and family!

Saturday I was blessed enough to have a great dinner with friends from my church small group. Another friend was invited, who happens to be Jewish, so guess what? It wasn't just Easter we were celebrating, but Passover as well. Thus, the name of our holiday sort of became "Eastover" so everyone felt included! My zealous applause to those who cooked, you can see from the picture that it was not only presented beautifully (I have a fine appreciation for presentation) but it tasted so amazing! I loved it! Gourmet meals are my specialty but it always tastes better when someone else cooks for you! My contribution was a shrimp and goat cheese salad. Somehow the shrimp and goat cheese disappeared before the rest of the salad, but that was the fun part!

Sunday brought an opportunity to serve at a new "sister" church of ours - it was their first official service and they were offering breakfast to the community. Although we ended up smelling like bacon for our own church service, it was fun having the chance to meet some new people and participate. And finally, Sunday afternoon I was blessed again with friends who invited me for lunch, and as a bonus, my sister and her family were there! So I enjoyed time with them as well, since I rarely get to see my own sis!

So, it was a great weekend...we have a busy week this week with baseball and softball every night. Next week I will be preparing for the onslaught of 8000+people coming to our store for our big spring collectors event. I hope it doesn't rain!

An update on our spring...everything is really beginning to bloom. There is actually green on the trees and the underbrush and the smell of flowers everywhere!

Ian's first official baseball game is Friday, and Megan's softball game is next week. Here we go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Looks like you had a full weekend as I did... Thanks again for your help at the Real Life Community breakfast. I can relate to the whole bacon thing. We could figure out why we were being chased by dogs all afternoon (ha). See you sunday! -Autumn

Thu Apr 20, 11:49:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

Sounds like a great weekend. This platter looks like what we enjoyed on a regular basis in France! Love checking your blog for what's going on. Want to meet big sister some time.

Fri Apr 21, 11:32:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home