Saturday, April 08, 2006

A busy week!



Wow, it doesn't pay to take vacation when you are in the corporate world! Once again I was reminded of why I have so much vacation time to use! I just can't get away!! This week I thought I was going to drown. It was a bit frustrating to begin Monday with a pile of work you thought you were going to be able to hand off to your new assistant...but she changed her mind and didn't take the job. About mid-week I was going to lose it after I interviewed one more candidate and again, they were just not the right fit. I almost changed my mind and gave her a chance, but right then I spoke with someone in the company who is looking for a change...and it's someone I have always liked and does her job well. Stay tuned, this could be the hope I am looking for!
My work review was due this week and I stayed up until 3AM to finish it, only to find the next day that I had used the wrong final version from last year to write responses to goals and objectives. Well, I was able to get it done because a meeting was cancelled that day. *Whew*! Either way, it was a bit disheartening to reflect on 2005. I am glad to see it gone. So many awful things it was hard to write too many positives, but I tried.
The kids started baseball and softball practices this week. It will be another exciting season and I am sure later I will post pictures of their new teams.
The biggest news is that Ian got glasses! Here he is after just putting them on for the first time. Of course, not to be outdone, Megan had to try them on as well. She WANTS glasses, it's a fashion statement, MOM!
He is actually quite nearsighted from what they are telling me. Always the skeptic in these kinds of things, I tried them on for myself, and they seem like exactly my prescription was before. But, I can't say anything since Ian gave thanks to God at dinner that he could see better. !! Besides, he looks like quite the handsome fellow in them, don't you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I had forgotten to check YOUR blog while we've been here. Tell Ian from a fellow glasses wearer, that he IS THE MAN WITH THOSE SPECS!
I could relate to your woes at the big L. Did a few of those myself. Glad to see spring is arriving full blast there. We've had delightful weather here ass you can tell by the pictures..

Mon Apr 10, 01:43:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home