Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A memorable Arbor Day!

Yes, as I get caught up, I will be posting things that might seem a little outdated.
But, nonetheless, important!!!

So, one April 25th my good friends Bill and Pat called.
Seems they wanted to take a stroll out to one of my favorite places (and theirs!) to Dawes Arboretum.
I kind of laugh when I think about how much I love New York City. Dawes couldn't be much more polar opposite!

The green buds on the trees, the gentle breezes, the quiet beauty that Dawes brings to the senses.
The acres of preserved land, grass and creatures.
Awwwww! A breath of fresh air!

Well, we pulled into the Arboretum, only to find...wow, hundreds of people!
It was Arbor Day!!!!

Bill quickly maneuvered us out of the crowds, down the 3 mile trail to the lake.
There, we indulged in a picnic brunch.

Here is Bill, focused on an important duck in the pond...



I loved the beauty of this picture.


Here is Bill, photographing his favorite landscape spot!


Bill and Pat, the lovely couple with the lovely setting behind them.

Thanks for spending the day with me!

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home