Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our trip begins with a new airline experience

So...admittedly I wasn't sure.

I was expecting a Skybus-type experience, or something like Southwest.

I have been very pleasantly surprised with our AirTran experience. I might actually be a new fan!

We did get to the airport early, something I am not used to doing...but I wanted to get on the direct flight. We checked in, asked about going standby, and BOOM we had seats on the direct flight! No standby required!

That was awesome, because next thing we knew, our other flight had been delayed.

We also got a beverage, free refill and pretzel snacks. I wasn't expecting that either.
Now - we brought only carry-on luggage, and didn't pay for reserving seats. That turned out just fine as well. They didn't even try to sell us anything on the plane!

A far cry from Ryan Air, who I flew in Europe - and is now installing credit card machines on the restrooms....jeepers.

Anyway, so our trip began very positively. Not to mention we got to fly with our longtime friends (Kelli, my hairdresser and her family) since they were going to Fort Lauderdale to leave on a cruise.

All in all a great flight (minus some turbulence over Savannah). Plane was clean, people were nice, I had an aisle seat. Great combination!!!! On to Florida we went!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home