Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Barcelona's LAST LOOK


You know, I think it has actually been a year since I left on my fab trip to Europe. Well, what can I say, I guess my blog is like a fine wine?

So, as I was saying...here Jenny and I were running...well, a teensy weensy bit late. The Late Game had been on hold since we were free birding in Barcelona. The harsh reality of a schedule was coming back to mind, but apparently not soon enough!

As you can see in the background, we had only crossed the street from the movie scene, and ran into these fine gentlemen, who also wanted a picture with me? They are seen here telling us to "keep it in line, girls". Little did we know that we should have listened!

We ran to pick up our bags at the hotel down the block. While Jenny waited for a taxi, I ran across the street to a McDonald's, the only fast food we bought the whole trip! And it cost $20 for 2 Big Mac meals!! But boy did it smell GREAT!

I ran down the steps to the waiting taxi, who tried to book it across town for us to the bus station. As you may or may not recall, we had to take a bus for about an hour to reach our flight on Ryan-Air.

Let's just say the Late Game kicked in BIG TIME. We had to rush down into the bus yard - and our bus was pulling out! What!! Oh my gosh! We are gonna miss the bus!!!

So, in my best Spanish speaking performance, I threw down my suitcase and ran after the bus - and pounded on the window! They almost, and I do mean almost, ran me over!! I don't know what I was thinking. My head was pounding and my heart was racing, and I was about to be run over by a BUS in BARCELONA, BABY...

To say we got yelled at was an understatement. Not only was the bus yard driver in my face, the bus driver had some choice words and expressions for us. Imagine the looks we got as we got on the bus (after being yelled at), all sweaty and late, with our carry-ons and um...yep, our big bag o' mcdonald's...

Let's just say we had to sit in the back of the bus. All the way in the back. There was no air circulating and no restroom.

You can imagine what happened next.

I hadn't been carsick, airsick, motionsick on any of these buses, trains, planes, or automobiles.

As Jenny TRIED to enjoy her Big Mac, I TRIED very hard not to blow chunks. I do believe Jenny saw me turn green. I may have made several promises to God, and she probably did too...




"I'm keepin' these girls in line!"

View as we were running to get our suitcases and Big Macs and the bus!
Interesting architecture and building
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Interesting shots!The smile tells it all (except for the back of the bus experience!) With your new job you can share some real time pics of family and friends and experiences!

Sat May 19, 08:20:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home