Monday, August 28, 2006

And, it just keeps building!


Whew...okay! I took over 100 pictures the day that we attended the Pope's town meeting. This was quite an adventure.

As we strolled toward the place of meeting, many questions entered my mind. Was this a mass? Were we to be close, since we had tickets? How many people are here all around me? (the answer was close to ONE MILLION!). Would I understand a word? What would we do until the time of his arrival?

The day had turned brisk, and I had on my only jacket - a denim jean jacket. It looked like rain. What would we do, waiting there for hours in the rain?

As we walked further, they were handing out pamphlets and leaflets of all kinds. Free bottles of water were gathered in pods for the people to take. Concessions selling flags and post cards were all along the route. I just couldn't get over the throngs of people, in front of us, beside us, behind us.

There was one concession along the way that really caught my attention. It looked like warm baked bread in all shapes and kinds! It looked so interesting. After I got a closer look I was told that it wasn't bread at all. It was so hard to believe I had to try it for myself. Yum, it was really really great....CHEESE! Look at the picture, you won't believe it!

There were monks, deacons, priests and clergy of all kind everywhere.

The more I walked the more I realized that this was a very unique experience. One that not everyone has. In fact, when else would I have a ticket in hand in Polish, to see the Pope, with people that were watching out for me that I had never really met or known before in my life??
And one who I had been friends with for a long time? What a blessing.

I didn't care what to expect. I just enjoyed the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home