Saturday, September 02, 2006

Almost the end of our visit to Poland

What a cool spot to enjoy our late dinner. This was located in downtown Krakow.

How better to finish off a chilly day than by eating the nation's best...POLSKA KIELBASA!

Soon the visit from the Pope would be just a memory, caught in pictures and the local paper.



Soon, all that would be left of our visit to Poland would be our memories. Pictures, souvenirs, words and the friends we had made. I was sad to think we had to leave so soon. Our plane was to depart the next evening, Sunday night, bound for new adventures in other countries (next stop, London for a thorough tour!). Though I was really excited to move on with my itinerary, I ultimately had not really expected to enjoy my visit to Poland as much as I did. I went without expectation and was very pleasantly surprised to be introduced to Eastern Europe and the beautiful people and culture.


3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I can relate to your last sentence. We are a world full of people wanting to connect to others on the planet. Your picture reminded me of the lunch I had this past week at Schmidt's restaurant in German Village. Bahamma Mammas, Kielbasa and german potatoe salad and kraut!
Pat and I will be praying for you today as you prepare for your presentation. Your competance, character and personality will carry you through!

Mon Sep 04, 09:01:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

...that would be ...competence...how incompetant of me!

Mon Sep 04, 09:03:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Pastorwes said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Mon Sep 04, 09:36:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home