Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Guest of Honor arrives!

I really had to laugh at this picture. I mean, time after time I tried to get a clear shot of the stage and the Pope. I would get clouds, or people's heads, or just nothing at all. I finally managed a quick shot when the crowd thinned for a millisecond - and after I looked at the picture, I saw this heart in it - RIGHT where the Pope is standing! As it turns out, it was someone's sign they were holding, but how funny that it is positioned RIGHT there!

Somehow, we got this bright idea that one of us might be able to see better or capture more pictures if one was taller in some way. Hmmm, I left off the pictures of how she even GOT on my shoulders. All I can say is...I lived to tell about it!

The dusky sky was perfect for the ambiance of the moment.
All raised their candles in honor of the song that was being sung.

Words in Polish I couldn't understand. A crowd, faithful to this man that stood before them. Beautiful rhythmic songs in Polish. Candlelight. Blessings were given, faith was shared in the crisp spring air. Hundreds of thousands, sharing the moment. The Pope was here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Interesting shots....especially the one of the Pope with the heart in front of his image.....a God thing???

Thu Aug 31, 09:09:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home