Saturday, March 06, 2010

March update

Whattttt?? It's MARCH!!!! Finally, we are making progress through this very long winter.

As I sit here, I am feeling a bit trapped in my own home. I don't know what I was thinking when I told Ian he could have the guys over tonight. I have a feeling that my normal quiet house is not really ever going to be that way tonight! They have already been outside, throwing snowballs at the house. Additionally, I heard something in the kitchen break and I also know the window was open to let the smoke out - supposedly from putting the candle out.

This reminds me of when I babysat once. I was a seasoned sitter and thought I could handle anything that came along. How would I know what little Nick was capable of???? Eventually, things got so bad I had to lock him out of the house and call my sister! I had the baby inside, as Nick was throwing everything at us and kicking me. He ran outside and got his friends and they started throwing things at the house. That's when I locked the door and called in the troops!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!

I am also waiting for Megan to get home. She went to the skating rink tonight with her friends. The same one I went to when I was in 6th grade. Yep, I remember what that was like. Seeing my friends from school and from 4-H Band, hanging out for the evening and having a little freedom. It was funny, Megan said "thanks" as I dropped her off - and said, "Mom, I know this is hard for you - your little girl is growing up." When did this happen?????????

And so it goes. I have become the parent of two teenagers. At least I am not laying on the couch, watching Dallas or Love Boat as my mom did. I'm doing something productive - blogging, Facebooking, looking for specific things on the internet, cleaning off my desk...hoping I don't hear any more crashes downstairs!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home