Sunday, July 05, 2009

Opening Ceremonies at Nationals 2009 in Downingtown, PA

Well, we had come a long way. Literally.

I finally made it into Philly at 9am on Wednesday, June 24th from Vegas. I had flown all night and didn't sleep a wink.
Megan, fortunately, was with the team coach Jane, and I was able to meet them and pick Megan up.
We stopped to have lunch and then headed over to the hotel.
I was hoping for a hot shower and a nap before heading over to opening ceremonies!

Well, the hot shower I was able to get.
A nap...I was not.
Soon it was time to head over, so Megan got her team t-shirt on and we headed over for what was supposed to be a 15 minute drive.

A few miles from the exit we were to take, we were stopped dead in traffic.
Uh-oh, I hadn't taken THAT into consideration!
She was due at the field at 3:30. It was 3:23 and we weren't anywhere close!!!!

Some other parents called to commiserate. One of them had the banner that the girls were going to carry during the ceremony.
I let her in front of my car, and another set squeezed in behind me. At least we were late as a team...

We got there just in time for the girls to grab the banner and line up!
What a beautiful job they did on the banner.
They didn't place (it was a contest) but hands down, we believe they had the best one!





Megan and her teammates line up, in gear and excited!


Isn't that awesome!!! The red "stripes" are the girl's handprints with their names.
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Gymnastics!


The theme was "A revolution is coming", so Jane led the way on her "horse"!


Go Licking County!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Enjoyed seeing the adventure!

Sun Jul 05, 11:25:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home