Wednesday, January 07, 2009



I came around the bend and saw the first glimpse of the lake. Nice and peaceful...pretty.
But since I know this path so well, I also know that going around the lake takes a little time - and there is a really big incline once you are all the way around it.
That's great when it's Saturday mid-day.
Not when it's Saturday sunset and you aren't sure you can make it out alive before the owls and deer take over!

So I did what any normal person would do...right?
I took a shortcut!

Well...*sigh*...maybe not such a great idea.
As I round off to the left to find a shorter path, I sort of kind of ran into a BIG GROUP of GEESE.
Hundreds, maybe thousands?
I tried to tread quietly - it would have required doubling back at that point.
I thought I could sneek around them and not bother them...

Well, I THOUGHT WRONG!!!

This is a very MINOR image of them not only running and screaming for their lives, but flying over me, around me, jumping in the lake, and making a terrific noise that could probably be heard all the way in town.

So much for being sneeky and smart. That set me back a bit, and I wanted to HIDE because I knew other people must have been thinking...who is terrorizing the geese???
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home