Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another trip to NYC!

So, one of my "Jen" friends was having a birthday.
40, to be exact!!
She needed a tour of NYC to complete her 39 years on this earth!
So, I rounded up my favorite mini map, my metro card, and met her and Steph at the airport on Friday night after my business trip!

We drove into and through the city toward our hotel. It is so cool to see it at night.

Well...cool it definitely was.
We arrived at our hotel, checked in even though I lost my wallet (!), and decided to go find some dinner. I had to drop off the rental car, so we did that and started walking.
There was a little breeze but it was a cold but cheery night.
We set out to find a bite to eat and see a little city before our long day tomorrow.
A few blocks later, big flakes of snow began to fall...
I mentioned how very romantic that was! Big flakes falling on the city. You don't always get to experience that. :)

We got to Wall Street and I took a couple shots of the New York Stock Exchange - one highlighting the snow flakes and one not!

However, a few blocks later and the snow was BLINDING. We had to push through the wind and snow as if it were a blizzard.
I felt like Pa on Little House on the Prairie, except on the cement prairie, and with the wind coming right off the water.
BRRRRRRR.
We found a nice little pub and warmed up with a light dinner.
The snow fell fast and hard!
We (gladly) cabbed it back to the hotel and tried once again to get warm.
And then rested for our WHIRLWIND NYC tour!!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Wow....a verital BLOG EXTRAVAGANZA! I was there with you, dear! I can check this destination off my list! Great shots and narative!

Wed Mar 19, 07:19:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home