Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Strange animal sighting...

I went for a run the other night with Jenny, and was driving home late, on the lookout for deer at every point. My eye has been trained around here to always be alert for things along the side of the road that glean, look out of place, or seem a different color than their surroundings (after having hit 2 deer).

I was almost home when I saw a shadow begin to dart across the road, just about the same time I was crossing its path.

I got the car to come to a halt in time, and in my stunned silence saw a ...?

It looked back at me. I am not sure who was more surprised. After a few seconds of exchange, it bounded off the road into the underbrush, but never letting me leave its sight.

What was this creature? All I could think of was a bobcat! Weird...
After searching them on the internet though, whatever this was looked quite different than what I found. It had a large body like a dog, but moved like a cat. The face was, well...like what I thought a bobcat looked like!

Are there even bobcats in central Ohio??

It was an interesting encounter indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

....a bobcat is my guess! yes there are a few around.

Thu Nov 15, 07:04:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home