Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Landscape across America

As I was flying home, it was a rare occasion from Phoenix to Chicago that there was not a cloud in the sky.
As I passed over the obvious landscapes of Phoenix (mountains, rugged desert), I failed to pull out the camera.
After watching a movie though, I looked out the window and discovered (of course) that the landscape had drastically changed.
I vaguely recall having seen this before, but never capturing it in a photo.
Does anyone know where this is? And why there are so many "circles"? What ARE they?
And close by is a city, as seen in photo 2.



Circles across America?


That is a lot of purposeful circles! Note the city in the lower right.


Interesting change of landscape after the circles were over!


Fascinating!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger The E-Ms said...

I always thought the fields are round in order to water them. I don't know. But I've noticed them many times and they fascinate me! No round fields in Ohio!

Wed Oct 08, 11:56:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home