Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gutting the pumpkins!

It was time for us to get those squashy things ready for Halloween!
Davelyn stopped by to observe and play photographer (thanks Dav!) while we dug right in.
Literally!
For many years, I refused to to this sort of thing. The kids were little, it was a hassle...and that's all I could remember from my youth.
I think it was a few years ago that a friend stopped by and brought me a carving knive.
I let him do all the work - I was scared to use such a tool!
The next year my girl friends came over and we had a "pumpkin re-enactment". The other adults did the cutting.
Last year, I think we were even pumpkin-less!

I am proud to say that this year, I finally did it! I cut and carved in ways I didn't think I knew how.

The kids had the gutting job...and had a great time with it!





Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home